Wednesday 18 April 2012

Howard : Live from Africa



Due to popular request I am including a video clip of me taking an early morning stroll and keeping a beady eye open for bugs. If you listen carefully, you will hear the words "Oh, what a wonderful morning!" Somehow, alas, everybody does not agree with me about early morning strolls and singing. Some animal types, it seems prefer to sleep in!!!  I had a close encounter of the crocodile kind in one of my adventures which is described in terrifying detail in my book!

With thanks to  Jul 20, 2008. She says:
A hadeda ibis at Pete's Pond in Botswana calls, and we soon see why. ;-) Seen on National Geographic's WildCam Africa.

6 comments:

  1. Spotted some of your pals this morning, HH! They were trying to bathe themselves in the little bird bath. It was really funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hideda Sue and Etienne! Thanks for visiting my roost - and a raucous welcome to you. Yup, its tough to find a decent place to splash. Some homeowners are really mingy with their bird baths.............Sigh.

      Delete
  2. Howard, I really enjoyed visiting you this morning and am looking forward to read more of your adventures.....from now on I will listen with "new ears" to your call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hideda Elizabeth, thanks for visiting my roost. Yes! there are some exciting things happening in my neck of the woods and I will keep you posted. Byededa......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most impressive sound, Howard! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering....did that croc come and admire your morning singing or was he more interested in you as his breakfast....:)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my tree! Please leave a message for me..........