Sunday 20 May 2012

Beady-Eyed and Wired-Up


Over the weekend I made an encounter of the wired and beaded kind.  Tersia, my crafty publisher  commission a local artist with a difference and a wonderful  talent to make an effigy of me from wire and beads. This is a painstaking and skilled vocation, reserved for those with determination and patience with rolled wire and pliers. One finds these artists near most large malls in South Africa where they create most anything, from geckos, lions, elephants to beetles and bugs.

So delighted am I that I have decided to nominate Tersia as an Honorary Member of SouthAfricanBirdBrains. Thanks Tersia!


I’ve included a photo of my ‘statue’ for all to admire and look forward to your comments...........

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I had to do a double take, Howard! I thought it was you standing there! Excellent work Tersia! Hope this is the first of many statues and art work about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's very well done and I would one day love to drop in on the artist!

      Delete

Welcome to my tree! Please leave a message for me..........