Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Mkuze Choir


Let me introduce you my to a gifted 'whiz of the brush and pencil' ............ Janine, my youngest daughter. She is the charming genius, animal lover who provided the illustration below to capture the mood! Jean Visser, the official illustrator will guide the young reader (and their unsuspecting parents), through the chronicles of my adventures to Ghost Mountain and beyond.


This picture shows some of the members of the Mkuze Dawn Choir as they warm up to welcome a story book new day in the sub tropics of Zululand. HRH Lion, roars an opening aria in an earth-shattering bass that can be heard for miles. He is accompanied by a wannabe hippo tenor in full throat. The monkeys? Well they are just hanging around waiting for the rest of the choir to pitch!

6 comments:

  1. ...can't wait!! Impressive roar HRH Lion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks Liz!.... and wait 'till you hear the Three Tremors'! That was some party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear the dawn choir....let us always celebrate Africa and the wonderful lives of the animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, my ghost writer captures the animal sounds, changing colour of the African dawn sky and those magic moments just before the sun appears over the tree-tops, in the very first chapter. Be sure to share this awesome experience with me!

      Delete
  4. That is good news! Very excited to hold a copy of your book in our hands, Howard! Love from your Texan fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen my loyal Texan fan! Yes, you received the first draft manuscript from my ghost writer. I remember that he/she/it sent it to young Philip to read to you......

      Delete

Welcome to my tree! Please leave a message for me..........